Melbourne Terrace Methodist Church ceased to meet regularly in September 2016.
First chapel opened in 1856 and rebuilt in 1877 serving the needs of the community. During the Second World War the premises were requisitioned by the army. Bomb damage and "planning blight" — the uncertainty as to the future of the whole of the neighbourhood — finally brought the decision in 1961 to close the chapel for worship and to adapt the schoolroom into a new chapel. These premises were demolished in 1986 to make way for our current church.