We are putting together a list of resources to help church stewards and others who are looking for help planning Own Arrangement services. Please see below for resources and suggestions of other places to find service information.
We are hoping to add to this list- if you have resources that you think others would find helpful, please contact the Circuit Office to let us know.
- The Methodist Worship Book is a useful resource- the Orders of Service for Morning, Afternoon or Evening services can be used to provide a framework for your service. The Guidance for Ordering a service (page 51) gives some guidance for structuring a service and resource material for different seasons is available from page 52 onwards.
- The Methodist Church website's Prayer and Worship section has information about the Lectionary and hymn books, as well as links to service outlines produced by other organisations.
- There are also Readers' services, full services that you can download to use.
- The Leaders of Worship and Preachers' Trust also produce resources, which can be found on the resources section of their website.
They also have a list of ways to find sermon illustrations and a list of digital resources.
- Action for Children's website has a number of resources for services themed round raising awareness of their work.
- All We Can (formerly MRDF) also produce service resources which can be downloaded or ordered from their website.
- The Joint Public Issues Team co-ordinate action on social justice for the Methodist church and several other churches, and produce prayers and other worship resources on this theme.
- The Church of England website's Prayer and Worship section contains prayers and suggestions for services.
- The Church of Scotland also produce worship resources, in particular Starters for Sunday which include suggestions and themes for services, reflection on readings etc.
- Roots: Worship and learning resources for all ages available via their website.