We are putting together a list of resources to help church stewards and others who are looking for help planning Own Arrangement services. Please see below for resources and suggestions of other places to find service information.
From this page (under the picture) you can download a document with resources and information on how to prepare an Own Arrangement service. This will be updated regularly so do check back.
NEW FEB 22: some additional advice (see document) on using online digital options (in whole or in part) to watch pre-recorded or live video and how to download for offline use.
We are hoping to add to this list- if you have resources that you think others would find helpful, please contact the Circuit Office to let us know.
- The Methodist Worship Book is a useful resource- the Orders of Service for Morning, Afternoon or Evening services can be used to provide a framework for your service. The Guidance for Ordering a service (page 51) gives some guidance for structuring a service and resource material for different seasons is available from page 52 onwards.
- The Methodist Church website's Prayer and Worship section has information about the Lectionary and hymn books, as well as links to service outlines produced by other organisations. There is also information on Local arrangements.
- Action for Children's websitehas a number of resources for services themed round raising awareness of their work.
- All We Can (formerly MRDF) also produce service resources which can be downloaded or ordered from their website.
- The Joint Public Issues Team co-ordinate action on social justice for the Methodist church and several other churches, and produce prayers and other worship resources on this theme.
- The Church of England website's Prayer and Worship section contains prayers and suggestions for services.
- The Church of Scotland also produce worship resources available on their website (for example, the Weekly Worship section).
- Roots: Worship and learning resources for all ages available via their website.